Beta alanine is a clean and simple supplement that will increase muscular endurance during short to mid-range, high intensity training. It is ideal for athletes that regularly test their limits, be it running up that hill, pushing for that extra rep in the gym or making that road bike sprint to the finish line count.
Blonyx beta alanine contains 6g/day of beta alanine. It doesn’t contain additives, fillers or anything else you don’t need.
Beta alanine is shown to stave off exhaustion with high intensity activity. It works by buffering the build up of acid in the muscles.
- BETA-Alanine enhances rowing performance at shorter distances (500-2000m)
- BETA-Alanine improves cycling capacity and sprint performance
- Taking BETA-Alanine extends time to exhaustion when training at high intensity for short bouts (up to 5 mins)
- BETA-Alanine can increase power output when doing high intensity interval training like Airdyne sprints
- When doing strength based training, BETA-Alanine increases the volume of training (number of reps), an athlete is capable of achieving
- BETA-Alanine may also be an antioxidant and have other health benefits
How does beta alanine work:
Beta alanine becomes carnosine.
Beta alanine works with many types of training. Lactic acid buffering by taking beta alanine has been shown to increase the time to exhaustion in athletes doing rowing, running and cycling.
When it works best.
It has been found to be much more effective in training bouts that last between 1-4 mins at high intensity, and seems to work better in older athletes. It may also sharpen the mind a little.
One side effect.
Beta alanine can stimulate nerve endings in the skin at certain dosages. This leads to a tingling sensation called paraesthesia. While not too troublesome it can startle people who first take it.